Status: Full Time; Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Capital Public Radio is seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Major Gifts with a competitive spirit and the initiative to exceed current levels of major giving. As the Director of Major Gifts, you must have a strong understanding of philanthropy and motivations for major giving as well as a passion for public radio. You will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of individual gifts at the mid and major giving levels for annual operations, capital expenditures, planned giving and the Capital Public Radio Endowment.
As an organization, we believe that audience comes first and that anything is possible. We embrace change and encourage innovation while building an epic workplace. Together, we bring our passion and have fun.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the department’s management team, works with Director of Development to develop monthly, annual and long-term fund development goals and plans for the station.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective mid-level and major giving donors and cultivate them to increase giving to major gift levels and/or planned gifts.
- Collaborate across departments to bring to fruition the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of mid and major donors.
- Assist prospective donors in their charitable gift planning and design. Present planned gift illustrations and solicit gifts.
- Arrange for planned gift expertise to be available to Capital Public Radio Board, staff, Capital Public Radio Endowment Board, both individually, and by making educational presentations.
- Direct capital campaign solicitation efforts in cooperation with Director of Development, Campaign staff, Boards of Directors, campaign volunteers and campaign counsel.
- Assist in the oversight of the public phase of capital campaign/expenditures direct mailings, on-air announcements and other publicity.
- Oversee web development and communication for planned giving, capital gifts information, acknowledgements, cultivation and stewardship.
- In collaboration with the marketing department, provide input to marketing materials (web, on-air, printed materials, etc.), and strategies, including developing key educational messages identifying target audiences, and selecting donors to be profiled.
- Collaborates with Capital Public Radio staff for fundraising and marketing events to steward and cultivate donors and prospects.
- Act as a station representative within the community.
Minimum of 4 years of successful fund raising experience, demonstrated ability to accomplish results through highly effective relationship-building skills, mid to high level of database experience, Raiser’s Edge preferred, experience with moves management systems and fundraising approach, and a proven track record in achieving fundraising goals. Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work experience is required, graduate degree is a plus.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer