Corporate Underwriting Account Executive
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
The Corporate Underwriting Account Executive position represents a significant revenue contribution to Capital Public Radio. As an Underwriting Account Executive, you thrive in a performance-based, goal-driven sales environment. One who independently manages their time between selling and non-selling activities. A successful Underwriting Account Executive embraces the culture and ethos of Capital Public Radio’s audience and has an affinity for the companies that support Capital Public Radio.
The Corporate Underwriting position is 100% commission and requires the candidate to be organized, confident, and have a successful track record in a performance based selling environment.
• Responsible for exceeding sales goals and effectively managing a book of business.
• Responsible for weekly and monthly activity tracking, projecting and forecasting future results.
• Planning comprehensive marketing campaigns for underwriting partners utilizing all sales tools available, including qualitative, quantitative, and market research.
• Responsible for order entry, underwriting copy, collections and billing, budgeting and forecasting.
• Creating strong and long-term working relationships with clients based on professional follow-through and service.
• Work well in team-based collaborative culture.
• Engage in all aspects of public radio, non-profit culture, and community.
Essential skills and experience:
• Proven track record of cold-calling, prospecting, appointment setting and presentation skills.
• Proven track record of successfully achieving and exceeding sales revenue goals.
• Marketing, advertising and fund-raising experience.
• Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Submit cover letter, resume, and reference list and compensation requirements to:
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer